Saturday, April 18, 2020

Artistic Sheltering in Mendocino ~

Hello Art Friends!

Wow - what a time in life!
It is April 18, 2010 week 5 of California's 'shelter in place' for the Covid 19.
As I am sure this unusual time has been for may of you - it's been a time of reflection, thought, and also for me -thankfulness.
I feel so fortunate to be able to be in Mendocino, California for this time. It is a beautiful place with stupendous natural beauty all around. There is nothing like gazing at the wild Pacific Ocean. It's strength and magnitude continually awe me.

Wonderfully, I have a studio to work in here, so I have been working - a lot!

Even though this has been a very weird, and scary time - there have been benefits.

Sadly all of my Spring Shows were cancelled.
My large Annual Solo Show show at the wonderful Castoro Cellars - the vineyard located in  the Central California Coast region near Paso Robles, Ca. was scheduled for March & April, 2020, but  had to close up. And I had a smaller show here in Mendocino for March & April, but it also closed up.
Our Spring Open Studio show at our Hunters Point Shipyard Studios - to be this weekend - had to be cancelled.  Plus 2 weekend shows with the Marin Art & Garden Center Galleries in May through Marin Open Studios.
I also had a Plein Air Painting class scheduled in late April through the famous Mendocino Art Center, which sadly will not be happening either.
But on the brighter side - I do have photos and even a very short movie of my shows to share with you!

So - what is the benefit of this all?  A pretty amazing present - TIME!!

I have been working quite diligently on a number of paintings. This extra time has given me the ability to go a little more slowly, and really work deeply through these paintings.  It has been wonderful!
I am quite pleased with my new work.
I will share some of it with you as well - though some pieces may still be 'in process'!

My intention is to Blog more often, and share more of my 'inner workings' as an artist. It is quite a journey. I am Thankful this has been my calling - as difficult as it can be.
I hope this brings you some Joy.

Wishing you all the very best. Please stay healthy - and strong - through all of this.

With Love,

Maeve

Here's a sampling of some of my newest work ~



                                           Valley Oak & Vines
                                           Oil on Birch
                                           24" x 30"



North Coast Light
Oil on canvas
12" x 36"



                                          Headlands into Big River
                                          Oil on canvas
                                          12" x 12"

                                                         
                                                          My First Little 'Movie'!!
                     It's my Mendocino Show for you to see - since it is currently all closed up!