Sunday, March 12, 2017

Winter 2017  News and Upcoming March and Spring Showings!
The past winter months have been wonderful for my painting. This is my time to ‘be in the studio’ and finish up many unfinished, and neglected paintings. It is an exciting time for me as I steadily work on paintings from past trips and amazing local California or Michigan pieces.

In the last couple of years, I’ve taken some wonderful painting trips. I painted in Maui the winter 2015, and this past fall of 2016 I was finally able to return to the beloved Tuscan landscape to paint, after not having been there for almost 9 years!

I usually also travel to the west coast of Mexico each winter and paint there too. In Mexico – I usually paint birds and flowers! 

I have been surrounded by all these wonderful (unfinished) paintings in my studio this damp California winter. It’s been terrific for getting work done, as there is very little temptation to go out and begin new work in this wetness!

I am steadily working through a number of pieces, slowly building upon what I began plein air.  When I paint on these pieces, these fabulous places become very present again - I sort of re-live being there - the experiences, the smells, plant life, and all. As I don’t use photos for reference to complete these pieces, I am never sure exactly how they will turn out. It is an intuitive process, building the painting up until it finally says – ‘I am beautiful and ready to go out into the World!’!

Thus far I have newly finished pieces from both the Maui and Italy trips, and a number of newly finished California pieces. I am pretty happy with them – and I hope you will be too!


Here is information on Upcoming and Current Shows:
 It’s my busy time for me show wise!

~ I am very excited to be invited to the lovely Castoro Cellars Gallery for a large Solo Showing in March and April 2017.  

I have been working on finishing some special California and new Vineyard paintings just for this show.
  
I believe I’ll have about 25 paintings, so it’ll be a really great venue to see a number of some of my newest paintings in this wonderful large Gallery.   
                               


**I plan to attend the Castoro Cellars ‘Annual Zinfandel Fest Weekend’ March 18 & 19. The hours are 12-5pm and I will be at my show both days. I hope you can come see me there then! Go to: castorocellars.com for more information about the Zin Fest, and my show! 

~ This March In Mendocino I’ll have a show with the wonderful Mendocino Eco Artist Group at the Odd Fellows Gallery with the Art@Flockworks series. This is the group I formed about 6 years ago. We are 16 renowned artists from the Mendocino Coast, who join together for these shows to benefit and bring publicity to local environmental organizations and causes. 
This show
WATERSHED VISIONS – THE SOURCE” is an Exhibit Benefitting the Noyo Center for Marine Science in Ft. Bragg, Ca.  

OddFellows Gallery is located in Mendocino on the corner of Kasten and Ukiah Streets. The Gallery will be open every Thursday through Monday from 11 to 5:30 pm through March.

**The Gala Artists’ Reception will be on the Second Saturday event, March 11, from 5:00 to 8:00 PM.  Artist-inspired hors d’oeuvres and beverages will be offered to our guests. At 5:30 PM representatives from the Noyo Center will have a brief presentation about the organization and its plans for the future.  I hope you can join us for the reception, or see the show in Mendocino this March!

~ Also in March up north, and through May, (3 months!) I will have a solo show at the new Noyo River Grill in the Noyo River Waterfront area of Fort Bragg, Ca. The address is 32150 N Harbor Dr, Fort Bragg, Ca., and the phone (707) 962-9050.  The view of the Noyo River mouth with the fishing boats coming in and out is really fantastic!         
                                                                                                              
~ Through early March, you can still my lovely Solo Show at the wonderful Stanford Inn by the Sea Eco Resort in Mendocino. I have about 20 paintings currently showing at this fine Inn. It is always a joy to show with Joan and Jeff Stanford. They are wonderful community members, and wonderful people! The Stanford Inn is located at ‪Highway 1 & Comptche Ukiah Road, Mendocino, Ca. Phone 800-331-8884 & 707-937-5615. Bring your doggie too! Here’s their web site to see the beautiful Inn - www.stanfordinn.com

Ongoing other California shows 
~ San Francisco – Chiromedica  - 1700 Union Street, San Francisco, Ca.  - Open Monday – Saturday
~ Café Francisco – 2161 Powell Street, San Francisco, Ca. – Open Daily ~
~ Mendocino Inn and Spa, 8211 North Hwy 1, Little River, Ca.
Check out their web site and see photos of my Art: www.mendocinoinnspa.com