Sunday, November 12, 2017

Hello Art Appreciators and Friends!

It has been awhile since my last Blog, and a lot has happened!

I have returned to Northern California, which is wonderful. This is my time to focus on my art - completing paintings, and making new work. I very much look forward to this time. I was in Northern Michigan all summer, where I have my summertime Art Gallery, Maeve's Art on Mackinac Island, Michigan. It was a very busy summer, and I sold a record number of paintings this summer, so that was very gratifying. 

       My paintings were invited to Japan for a Museum Showing this past summer!
They showed at the Matsumoto Museum, Matsumoto, Japan, and the Iizura Gallery in Omachi City, Japan over the summer. Some of my paintings were sold at the Gallery show, so I now have pieces living in Japan, as well as England, Switzerland, France, Mexico, Canada and of course the United States!

Stormy Bluff Pine           16" x 18", oil on canvas

                       In September I had the honor of being invited by the 
Mendocino Art Center to be a Judge  and 'Featured Celebrity Artist' for the     week long Mendocino Open Air Paint Out (MOPO).  
It was a wonderful experience! There were more than 70 participants, and we all painted everyday. I had to let the Art Center know my daily painting location each day, so participants could come and watch me paint 'en plein air'! I painted in the gorgeous Mendocino area for 7 days and also gave an indoor painting demonstration on 'How to Paint an Expressive Tree' - it was great!


Druid's Pines          20" x 30", oil on canvas

The Fall has been busy with my Fall Open Studio Show at my Hunters Point Shipyard Studio October 14 &15, and a second 'Pop Up' Open Studio Show at the 
OrangeLand Gallery on Nob Hill in San Francisco (November 4 &5). 

And more shows to come!


Next week, in the beautiful Anderson Valley of Mendocino County,  I am having a show at Scharffenberger Cellars. 
The Artists'Reception is Friday November 17, 5:30-7:30
Scharffenberger is famous for their amazing Sparkling wines, and Pinot Noir! 
 I hope you can come!

Here is the Show information:
 Woods, Wine and Water
Maeve Croghan, Debra Lennox and Micaela Marsden
Explore the Intertwining of the Wild & Human

November 17, 2017 – February 15, 2018 
Reception for the Artists
Friday, November 17, 2017
5:30-7:30 pm at the Scharffenberger Cellars Tasting Room
8501 Hwy. 128, Philo, CA 95466   (707) 895-2957
info@scharffenbergercellars.com




The following weekend on Sunday December 3rd, is our 
Holiday Show at the Shipyard Artist Studios.
This is a very festive and fun event!
It's just the one day on December 3rd, 11-5pm
Over 50 other Shipyard Artists will be Opening their studios for a Holiday Party and Show! 
It's a great opportunity to visit! 
It's a quieter 'Invitation Show', and not as busy as our Fall & Spring Open Studios at the Shipyard.  

Above Pacifica             oil on canvas, 12" x 48"


Upcoming Sausalito Show

This early winter I've been invited for a Solo Show at  the lovely 

Madrigal  Family Winery & Gallery
                                     819 Bridgeway, Sausalito, CA
                                                    415-810-6089
                                                              January 31 - March 10, 2018
                You won't want to miss this Opening Reception - they have wonderful wines!
         I'll keep you posted for the Madrigal Family Winery & Gallery Show's Reception date!

Beaverstock Oaks    oil on canvas. 20" x 20"